Sunday, February 12, 2012

Working for yourself

I have lost count of the times I find myself sitting before a blank slate, work and responsibilities piled around me. It is rarely a case of a lack of inspiration, instead it is a lack of motivation. It is still hard to define even after it has plagued me a great many hours. I would assume art making should come easy to me after spending so many years dedicated towards it, but still something holds my hand. Current speculation is a lack of confidence, but I love painting so confidence hurry the fuck up.

Much of today was spent researching and idly sketching. I started another wall mural as well, but it has barely 30 minutes of work into it so no picture of work today. However, I can show you the camera lucida that one of my teachers let me borrow. It is very interesting tool and incredibly difficult to use. Best described as a primitive overhead projector. Unlike the modern day version it depends on environmental light and an assortment of lens, so everything has to be manually adjusted. After about an hour of tinkering I managed to get it to work and well lets just say I need much more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment