Sunday, March 25, 2012

Agony study


Today I could not focus on what I was suppose to be doing so surprise surprise, I started another painting. This is a possible study for an idea I had kicking around for a while. I am fascinated by the extremes to which humans are capable of. I been trying to think of a composition that would suggest such an idea without implying too much else. Is this man in great pain? In the midst of an orgasm? Or possibly just yawning? Mark Rotko had the right idea. His consuming abstract pieces are genius. I want to try and bring that theme to the figurative world. As I am writing this I realize that this study is also reminiscent of an earlier work I made called 'Media Frenzy'.

I am still no entirely satisfied with this one, but maybe its worth checking out again. It was made in one of my moods of blind creation. I had no clue what I was doing or what exactly I wanted this piece to mean. I just felt it had to be made. Usually moods such as that produces some of my best work. It then stands to reason that maybe I should stop thinking so much and just work.

No comments:

Post a Comment