Sunday, October 21, 2012

Leopard Commision

It has come to my attention that I had long ago promised to complete a painting of a leopard for a close friend of mine. Fear not my adoring public, I have not lost steam with my self portrait. One simply needs to acknowledge the value of maintaining friendships and connections, for it is those that are most important, especially in the art world. As it is a straight living room piece made for aesthetic value, I don't foresee this piece consuming too much of my time. That said I will still approach it with the same vigor and dedication that I do all my work. If anything I should put more work into this one since it will go out into the world and be a face of my work.
I messed around with various compositions and finally fell upon this one. I took inspiration from the Romantic era, my favorite =3. At the moment I have only partly developed the tree trunk that will dominate the picture plan because it was just so seductive as a subject. The colors and texture begged me to paint it. I will start work on the leopards during my next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment