Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Self Portrait 4

Here is one of those massive updates that I promised you. Overall everything is coming along nicely. It is already a good painting. Now I just need to bite the bullet and make it a great painting. It's a bit unnerving being on the brink of good and great. I know I have the talent and knowledge to do it, it's just a matter of action. Despite this I am going to take a day to read and instill upon myself the supreme confidence this painting deserves. I also believe a bit of soul searching is needed to make this a true self portrait, what subtle visual cues can I add to make it really me.
Slight distortion from the camera, but no matter. The figure is firmly grounded in an environment and compositionally sound. Now for the detail work, oh how i loath thee. Adjustments need to be made for nearly the entire piece. Highlights, shadows, imperfections, edges, all that stuff. So yea guess who is thinking about starting a new painting rather than finishing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment