Saturday, November 3, 2012

leopard 2

Ladies and gentleman a painting is almost done! There is a small matter of some detail work and severe scrutinizing, but for all purposes the end is within sight. At least that is what I was thinking this morning then I went to see the Impressionism show. Oh my god there are no words. There was some pieces in there that just made ya think, 'That there is a masterpiece'. They inspired me no doubt, but then I come look at my work and I think, I got a long way to go.
I still enjoy the painting greatly, but it just doesn't have the wow effect. At this point the composition is pretty solid, so I must play up the brushwork more. Really push the power of nature onto the viewer. Remember it Romantic with a capital R that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment