Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Self Portrait 5

I appear to be on the border of genius or disaster, which is the only way to approach a masterwork I suppose.
I sat back not sure what to do next then somewhere in my head a voice said 'lime green oil stick'. Be it madness or my innate creative genius I listened without hesitation. I added a sort of aura around myself with it. There is still a great deal of detail work to be done, but I need to let this creative decision sit for a bit.

Alternatively, I have begin work on a new series which I dub The Untranslated. As I wandered around the internet one day I stumbled upon an article that detailed a list of words in other languages that cannot be directly translated into English. The overall theme has to do with relationships and emotion. Come to think of it this particular approach is bordering dangerously close to illustration. Hmm. Anyways it is still very early in the process...

No comments:

Post a Comment